Careers at Headquarters
Choose the path that fits your passion and supports your development.
We offer opportunities across diverse business functions. No matter which path you choose, we’ll give you resources, technology and team connections to help you grow and succeed. Browse opportunities at our headquarters and apply today!
Accounting & Finance
- Accounting and finance manages accounting, tax and other financial transactions accurately and analyzes financial statement and business metrics to promote firmwide efficiencies and growth objectives.
- Roles require attention to detail, an analytical mindset and project management. Responsibilities include recording acquisitions, dispositions, financial arrangements, entity creation, budget creation and special projects.
- Human Resources focuses on talent management, total rewards compensation and benefits, associate relations and strives to provide an exceptional, diverse cultural experience for associates.
- Responsibilities include effectively communicating with teams across the firm to support benefits, payroll, compliance, performance management and retaining and acquiring talent.
- IT provides technology leadership, solutions and service excellence to support firm goals and enhance the client experience.
- Responsibilities include designing, building, deploying and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology and ensuring that all firm systems function seamlessly and securely.
Legal & Compliance
- The legal department reviews and drafts contracts and provides litigation support and guidance on employment-related matters for the firm.
- The compliance department manages and monitors regulatory compliance programs for Mariner Wealth Advisors, including implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures.
- Marketing supports the overall strategies and goals of the firm by building relationships, creating prospect opportunities, brand development, client retention and market growth.
- Responsibilities include internal and external communications, digital marketing, content and design creation and brand positioning.
- Operations manages and distributes data through client relationships and portfolio management systems. Departments include Reporting & Analytics, Data Management & Engineering, Custodian & Business Process Management, Platform Management & Integrations, Onboarding & Transitions and Core Operations.
- Core operations responsibilities include trade execution, advisory fee billing calculation and collection, data reconciliation, performance reporting and client data maintenance.
Want to Join a Firm Ranked as a “Best Place to Work”?
For the last two years, the Kansas City Business Journal has ranked our KC headquarters as a “Best Place to Work” nominee based on direct input from associates who gave us high marks for our friendly culture, creative workplace and innovative benefits.
Mariner Wealth Advisors ranked as a Best Places to Work nominee in 2019 and 2020. Rankings are based on surveys where employees rate their company on such topics as team/manager effectiveness, retention probability, work engagement and feeling valued. Companies must have at least 10 full-time and part-time permanent employees who have been employed with the company for at least 30 days and who work within the contest area (Ray, Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte counties in Missouri and Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas). Surveys were administered and results tabulated by Quantum Workplace. The award is not indicative of future performance and there is no guarantee of future investment success. Registration of an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of training or skill. For more information visit https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/nomination/85227/2020/best-places-to-work-2020