Chicago Location Greenfielded in 2015 Grows AUA by $2.35 Billion in 7 Years
Chicago Office Sees Rapid Growth in Seven Years
Keith Plywaczynski was advising on $250 million at his previous firm, where he was responsible for new client relationships. In 2015, he approached Mariner Wealth Advisors about joining our firm and opening a Chicago office. A second location was added, and the combined locations have over 50 associates managing more than $2.6B AUA.1 Prior to joining the firm, Plywaczynski’s client list was growing, and he needed more daily operational support so he could focus on building relationships with those clients.
Challenges Plywaczynski Faced
- Spending too much time on back-office logistics instead of on his expanding client roster
- Juggling too many roles, such as compliance officer, which made less time for clients
- Lack of infrastructure support also meant less time to build new client relationships
Why Plywaczynski Chose Mariner Wealth Advisors
- Support from advisory solutions teams including tax, estate planning, trust services, insurance and investments
- Access to back-office logistical support including operations, marketing, compliance and technology
- Additional support from business development, regulatory compliance and human resources
- Ability to advance his career—after running the Chicago office for several years and seeing tremendous growth, Plywaczynski was promoted to national managing director, wealth consulting. While he still serves his clients, he is leading the firm’s organic growth efforts and strategy, including referral partner programs, corporate offerings and more.
“It’s the best decision I’ve made in my career—my team and I have experienced a significant growth trajectory,” Plywaczynski said. “It’s a national firm, giving us the ability to take care of clients in a nuanced way that feels more like a smaller firm.”
We Give Advisors Time Back to Focus on Clients
Support from in-house teams gives wealth advisors the freedom to focus on their clients and business growth. Individual relationships are typically where the plans are created—when those conversations and one-on-one meetings suffer, the bottom line can, too. Plywaczynski and many other wealth advisors have found that being part of the Mariner Wealth Advisors family gives them freedom to focus on the most important connections while leaving the logistical details to the firm’s support team. Plywaczynski said the level of support he has received has been a game changer.
We Help Make the Transition Seamless
When advisors transition from one firm to another, naturally they are hoping to retain 100% of their clients. Because Mariner Wealth Advisors has a time-tested onboarding process, it helps to create a seamless service experience for clients, which in turn helps with retention.
“Mariner Wealth Advisors has experience and perspective to guide the process,” Plywaczynski said.
“During the transition, I felt fully supported. This included support and insight from other market leaders who had already gone through the transition.”
Our Transition Process
- Experienced practice management and operations specialists walk your team step by step through the transition.
- Dedicated service teams at several major custodians support you and your clients through the onboarding process.
- 100% of Mariner Wealth Advisors’ tools, resources and back-office support, such as compliance, marketing and IT, are made available on day one.
- On your first day as part of the Mariner Wealth Advisors family, human resources will take over your benefits and compensation administration, payroll/time reporting, compliance/risk mitigation, recruiting and associate onboarding, performance management, training and development, records retention and terminations/offboarding.
- Also on your first day, operations will begin handling tasks such as trading, billing, reporting and more.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
At Mariner Wealth Advisors, we believe the key to successful wealth management is relationships, which is one of the reasons why we provide the support from experienced teams to allow these connections to grow.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to build your business strategically, we offer different paths designed to fit your growth goals and values. Our client-first mission drives everything we do, so if that’s your priority, too, consider joining the Mariner Wealth Advisors family.
1As of 6/30/22. Assets and AUA totals include a combination of assets under management and assets under advisement is not meant to represent regulatory assets under management. The total represents AUA from Oakbrook and Brookfield, Illinois. Please see Form ADV filings for specific information on regulatory assets under management.
Mariner Wealth Advisors (“MWA”), is an SEC registered investment adviser with its principal place of business in the State of Kansas. Registration of an investment adviser does not imply a certain level of skill or training. MWA is in compliance with the current notice filing requirements imposed upon registered investment advisers by those states in which MWA maintains clients. MWA may only transact business in those states in which it is notice filed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from notice filing requirements. Any subsequent, direct communication by MWA with a prospective client shall be conducted by a representative that is either registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state where the prospective client resides. For additional information about MWA, including fees and services, please contact MWA or refer to the Investment Adviser Public Disclosure website (www.adviserinfo.sec.gov). Please read the disclosure statement carefully before you invest or send money.
Mariner Wealth Advisors (“MWA”) does not provide all services mentioned. Some services are provided by affiliates and are subject to additional fees.
Previous results or outcomes experienced by advisors/clients are unique to those situations and there is no guarantee of similar results or outcomes.