Mariner California Employee Privacy Notice
A. Types of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy Law
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers. We use this information in order to review your application, and as an employee to create your profile in Mariner Wealth Advisors’ human capital management system and administer your benefits.
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80, including but not limited to, name, address, and telephone number. We use this information in order to review your application, and as an employee to create your profile in Mariner Wealth Advisors’ human capital management system and administer your benefits.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Mariner Wealth Advisors does not require you provide protected classification characteristics, but may, in its discretion, provide you the opportunity to submit this information. Mariner is an equal opportunity employer. Mariner may utilize deidentified data for internal analytical purposes.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including cookie data and other information. Mariner may utilize such information to ensure compliance with its internal Information Security policies as further set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Professional or employment-related information including any information provided in a resume/CV or job seeker profile. We use this information for the limited purpose of employment screening and hiring practices.
We do not sell data. We may share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to perform administrative services for Mariner Wealth Advisors, if we are directed to disclose by you, or compelled by law to disclose personal information, such as to government entities or in response to subpoenas.
Right to Access:
You can request a disclosure and copy of specific Personal Information Mariner Wealth Advisors may have collected about you in the 12 months before your request. Upon verification of your request, we will disclose to you if applicable:
a. The categories of PII we have collected;
b. The categories of sources of PII;
c. Mariner Wealth Advisors’ use of the PII; and
d. If the information was disclosed to third parties, the categories of information disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed.
Right to Not Be Discriminated Against:
You have the right not to be discriminated against on account of exercising the rights granted to you under the CCPA.
Right to Delete:
You may have the right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you. However, we may not be able to delete your personal information if such information pertains to your employment or is required to be retained by law. Please send all requests via email or mail to the address listed below. Upon receipt of your deletion request, Mariner Wealth Advisors will review and confirm if it is a verifiable request, and if so, Mariner Wealth Advisors will delete (and direct our third-party suppliers to delete) your data. Mariner Wealth Advisors may deny a deletion request, in whole or in part, if retaining the information or a portion of the information is required for Mariner Wealth Advisors or our third party suppliers and contractors under an exemption called out in the CCPA, including (if applicable):
a. Information required to meet ongoing business purposes;
b. To comply with applicable laws, subpoenas, legal proceeding, or audit; or
c. In order to improve our internal business or hiring practices.
As an applicant or a former Mariner Wealth Advisors associate, you, or someone appointed by you and registered with the California Secretary of State, may request deletion of any data that may still retained on Mariner Wealth Advisors’ systems. The deletion request must provide sufficient detail to enable Mariner Wealth Advisors to identify you, such as providing your identifiable information to cross-reference with any submitted data, and describe your deletion request with sufficient detail that allows us to understand that you desire to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We do not require you to create an account and will only use any data submitted to us for a deletion request for that specific request. You may only submit two requests every twelve months, or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Mariner Wealth Advisors will endeavor to respond to any verified applicant or former employee request within 45 days. If Mariner Wealth Advisors is unable to respond, Mariner Wealth Advisors will provide written notice to extend the response time by up to 90 additional days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. Mariner Wealth Advisors shall inform the consumer of any such extension within 45 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. If Mariner Wealth Advisors is unable to complete your request, Mariner Wealth Advisors will inform you, without delay and at the latest within the time period allotted above, of the reasons for not taking action and any rights You have to appeal the decision to Mariner Wealth Advisors.