Maintaining your trust and confidence is among our highest priorities. We recognize that protecting the privacy and security of our customers is an important responsibility. That’s why we at Mariner Wealth Advisors want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information.
Information Provided – In the normal course of business, we typically obtain nonpublic personal information about our prospective and current clients, which may include but is not limited to:
- Personal identity such as name, address and social security number;
- Information regarding securities transactions effected by us or others;
- Information reported on applications or other forms provided by the client, including but not limited to net worth, assets, income, accounts and balances;
- Information developed as part of financial plans, analysis and other advisory services.
How We Manage and Protect Your Personal Information – In order to protect current, prospective and former clients’ nonpublic, personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards MWA also limits access to personal information to individuals who need to know that information in order to service your account.
- We do not share any of the above referenced non-public personal information about current, prospective and/or former clients to third parties, other than to our affiliates, nor is it our practice to disclose such information to third parties unless necessary to administer, manage, service, and provide related services for client accounts or as permitted to do so by law.
- In the event we deem it necessary to share information with outside companies that perform administrative services for MWA, our contractual arrangements with these service providers require them to treat current, prospective and/or former client information as confidential.
- Except as otherwise stated above, we will only release non-public personal information if a client or client representative directs us to do so, or if we are compelled by law to disclose personal information, such as government entities, credit bureaus or in response to subpoenas.
To the extent our employees are providing tax services as certified public accountants, we are governed by professional standards set forth by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Ethical Standards and governing state accountancy laws.
Information that we receive from you for the specific purposes of receiving tax services provided by MWA shall be retained and eventually disposed of in accordance with applicable federal and state laws that govern general public accountants.